St. Hilary School History
In 1888, St. Hilary was founded as a mission church of the St. Raphael parish on land donated by Dr. Benjamin Lyford and his wife, Hilarita. The land came down through Hilarita’s family from Don Jose Antonia Sanchez, Commandant of the Presidio in San Francisco
As the St. Hilary community grew, so did the need for larger facilities. In 1954, parishioners built a new church on our current site and in 1963 created St. Hilary School, staffed by the sisters of the Holy Faith from Ireland.
In 2004, a multi-million dollar facilities upgrade was completed which includes a state-of the art gymnasium, a new middle school, a fully equipped science lab, an upgraded library & technology center and a dedicated art studio.
Today, St. Hilary is a thriving, exceptional school of 250 students from a variety of religious and ethnic backgrounds attending Kindergarten through 8th grade. Our students learn in a caring environment reflecting a strong sense of community, spirituality, and academic excellence.